The E3TECH Network offers its wide and extensive experience in the following fields:
1. Environmental applications
- Assessment techniques of the toxiciy of pollutants.
- Characterization of water and solutions by ion chromatography, AA, UV-VIS, etc.
- Characterization of ion exchange membranes and application to the recovery and recycling of heavy metals and other substances by electrodialysis and electrochemical reactors with membrane.
- Treatment of water contaminated with organic and inorganic compounds: electrodialysis, electrocoagulation, advanced electrochemical oxidation processes.
- Design, manufacture and development of electrochemical reactors for wastewater treatment. Powered with solar photovoltaic power.
- Studies of static and dynamic corrosion. Design and construction of hydrodynamic circuits.
- Studies of corrosion-cavitation and tribocorrosion.
- Corrosion studies by testing in salt spray chamber.
- Elimination of persistent organic pollutants and ammonium in leachate from municipal and industrial landfills.
- Applications for the reuse of treated wastewater: electro-disinfection and reverse osmosis treatment of concentrates.
- Water regeneration in marine aquaculture circuits.
2. Energy Applications
- Fabrication and surface and electrochemical characterization of nanostructurated (photo)catalysts.
- Hydrogen production by photoelectrochemical water splitting with solar energy. Efficiency measurements of water separation process.
- Development and modification of electrodes for obtaining hydrogen. Electrochemical and surface characterization of the electrodes. Design, manufacture and development of reactors for water electrolysis.
- Characterization of the behavior of fuel cells, modeling and control.
- Design and manufacture of dye-sensitized solar cells.
- Chemical synthesis of organic and organometallic compounds.